Frequently Asked Questions
What is WedTexts?
WedTexts is a web-based (and iOS) application that enables anyone planning a wedding to effortlessly communicate with wedding guests in order to enhance the guest experience.
Brides, Grooms, Partners, and Planners input guests’ cell phone numbers, manage groups, and create helpful reminders to be sent out throughout the wedding planning process to keep everyone on the same page and stress levels to a minimum.
Why would I pay to send text messages?
98% of text messages are read within 2 minutes, so we can’t think of any better way to make sure your guests have all your wedding details handy.
To save money you could send your guests texts without WedTexts during your wedding weekend, but you’ll run into three issues:
- You can’t pre-schedule your texts, which will take away from your experience during your special celebrations.
- Your cell phone will cap the number of people you can text at 30, so you’ll need multiple groups to include everyone.
- Your guests hate being on group texts. They want to lose track of the important details when they get buried in unnecessary text replies.
When should I use WedTexts in my wedding planning process?
As early as possible! Because WedTexts is a one-time payment, you get the most value from using WedTexts the day you get engaged. Let everyone know you said yes! Then share save the date details via WedTexts, and every event leading to your wedding ceremony!
What types of weddings should use WedTexts?
We may be a little biased, but we think every wedding should use WedTexts! That being said, our users feel WedTexts shines best for when one family is from out of town, destination weddings, beach weddings, outdoor weddings, or for any wedding that wants to have their guests remember their wedding for years to come.
What is WedTexts’ refund policy?
We guarantee you and your guests will love WedTexts! But if for any reason you are not satisfied with WedTexts, we give you a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee!
To request a refund, please send us an email to email@example.com before 30-days are up and we’ll issue your refund, ASAP, no reason necessary.
Please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to clear in your bank account – sorry, but we can’t speed this part of the process up 🙁
What if some of my guests do not want to receive text messages?
Your WedTexts experience and the experience of your guests are our top priority. To ensure we do not bother anyone with unwanted texts, the first message your guests receive will look like this:
“Hi Bob, Kelly’s Wedding is using wedtexts.com to keep you in the loop. Text STOP to stop receiving messages. Msg&Data rates may apply.”
This message is important for 3 reasons:
- We want your guests to be excited about receiving your WedTexts messages! So we customize it for each of your guests, and we let them know who is sending the messages!
- Not all guests have unlimited text messaging, so we want to be sure to let your guests know they can opt out of any future WedTexts messages by texting STOP.
- There are many rules and regulations around group text messaging. This helps ensure we all stay compliant!
How do most people use WedTexts?
Couples use WedTexts for all sorts of events. Here’s a sample list of some common uses:
- Send guests timely information regarding wedding events
- Helps couples be proactive in answering guest’s questions, before they even have to ask
- Share key information with guests to help keep wedding festivities running smoothly
- Pre-schedule important information such as the start time, date, and location of specific events, such as the name and address of the ceremony venue
- Remind their guests ahead of each even to make sure everyone is on time
- Send reminders about engagement parties, bridal showers, after wedding brunch, and more
- Communicate with large, unique groups of guests
- Send messages for Bachelor and Bachelorette parties
- And much much more!
What if I do not have all my guests’ numbers?
If you don’t, we’re sure someone else does. We’ve found that outside of your immediate friend groups who’s phone numbers you can easily access, finding family member’s phone number is as easy as giving your parents or grandparent’s a call…seriously, there’s a good chance they still have a Rolodex that even contains your first grade teacher’s phone number!
What is the purpose of creating groups?
Not all messages need to be sent to the entire wedding guest list. To make sure that guests are getting only the info that is important to them, WedTexts allows you to create unlimited groups.
Some examples of common groups:
- Brides Party
- Grooms Party
- Out of Town
- Engagement Party
- Bridal Shower
Once a message is scheduled, can I edit it?
Yes! Once a message is scheduled you can edit or delete the message. You can edit the content of the message and all the details of the message before it is sent.
Rehearsal dinner got moved from
Changed your mind about only having the wedding party at the first look picture session to now also including family too? Easy peasy. Simply add the “Family” group to the first look reminder message and click save!
Does WedTexts work outside of the United States?
We can only guarantee that our service will work in the U.S. for U.S. cell phone numbers. That being said, our service works for U.S. cell phone numbers outside of the United States if the cell phone can receive text messages abroad. Whether the cell phone can receive an iMessage, wifi, or has an international cell phone plan.
Can more than one person schedule messages?
Each one of our paid WedTexts packages can have up to three users added to the WedTexts account (free accounts get two users). This means that you, your fiance, and/or planner (or trusted friend) can all be added to your WedTexts account. Each of you can add guests, manage groups, and schedule all your helpful reminders.
How long does it take to schedule my WedTexts reminders?
Scheduling your messages is a breeze! If you know all the details of your event you can schedule all your reminders in 5 minutes or less with the WedTexts Blueprint©!
Can I send reminders to my wedding party?
Yes, and it’s free! You can send WedTexts to up to 15 guests when you sign up for a FREE WedTexts account.
Can I send out messages instantly without pre-scheduling them?
All WedTexts accounts allow for unlimited pre-scheduled messages AND unlimited real-time messages that you can send out in a matter of seconds.
WedTexts is FREE to Use With Your Entire Wedding Party!
Keep your wedding party informed by sending them unlimited, pre-scheduled reminders and unlimited, real-time messages for free! -- Sent directly to their cell phone via SMS (no-app needed).
©Copyright 2018 WedTexts - All rights reserved